Now reflecting on our first year of marriage I have had some insights into what Husbands do. This is just a bit of fun, but it is also a mark of some of the things my husband does which makes me smile and which I am very grateful for!
- Catching and getting rid of monster spiders that lurk in the corners of your house!
- Making phone calls to people who I don’t want to talk to (phone company, sky etc)
- Pushing the trolley in Tescos and carrying heavy shopping bags
- Makes me coffee first thing in the morning to wake me up! ( I need it)
- Gives lots of hugs when needed
- He often says he is praying for me which really encourages me
- Make me laugh with silly faces and noises
- Writes to me “Good morning” messages when he goes off to work or writes notes with my lunch!
- He runs and grabs the washing when it starts to rain.
- He picks me up from evening meetings and waits there while I am late…or very late
- He allows me to choose a movie which may mean a really girly movie!
- He often reminds me of Gods Grace
I must admit and not to sound cheesy at all, but since being married I have seen more of Gods Grace and love then I did before. This is so evident in times where I am pretty rotten and sinful and yet my husband still loves me and shows me such patience and love when I don’t deserve it. It is in those times I see just a glimpse of the love of Christ towards me and it reminds me that while I was far off and rejecting him, he died for me and won me back. Pretty amazing.